Wednesday October 5, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Vallejo City Hall, City Council Chambers
555 Santa Clara Street, Vallejo
The City of Vallejo is the sponsor of the Vallejo Intermodal Facility Project. The project includes the two-level 1,200-space parking garage, the Vallejo Bus Transit Center, and the Vallejo Baylink Ferry Terminal. The parking garage, to be built in two phases, will serve the 2,500 daily patrons of the Baylink Ferry.
Upon completion of Phase 1 (early 2012), the City will implement a comprehensive parking management program with the goals of
- increasing customer convenience
- paying for maintenance and security of parking facilities
- ensuring adequate parking for ferry commuters without impacting parking for downtown shoppers and residents
The City has been conducting a technical study – in consultation with community members and other stakeholders – to understand the best parking management options for the waterfront and downtown areas of Vallejo. The City is holding a second public workshop on Wednesday October 5, 6:30 PM, at City Hall in the Council Chambers.
The purpose of this workshop is to share the preliminary recommendations of the study, including
- Options for parking prices, including a discounted daily price for ferry commuters.
- Parking technology in the waterfront parking facilities to ensure quick and convenient parking.
- Parking enforcement and security plan to ensure ferry commuters can always find a place to park and that parking is safe.
The project team would like to hear feedback on the draft recommendations, so there will be opportunities to ask the project team questions.Please plan to attend – we look forward to seeing you there.