Using Clipper is the smartest and easiest way to pay your fare when riding Golden Gate Ferry and other public transportation in the Bay Area. As a reminder, the benefits of the Clipper card include the following:
- Automatic reloading. By setting up Autoload, you’ll ensure that your card never runs out of value. Set up Autoload to automatically add cash value to your card when your card balance falls below $10.
- Easy transfers. Clipper automatically calculates transfers if you transfer to a Golden Gate Transit bus or another transit agency that uses Clipper. Simply tag your Clipper card each time you transfer.
- Balance protection. Registering your card protects your card balance in case the card is lost or stolen (note: federal tax law prohibits refund of pre-tax transit benefit funds).
- Discounts. Golden Gate Ferry and Golden Gate Transit customers receive discounts off the adult cash fare when using Clipper. Discount cards are also available for youth, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
- Easy account maintenance. Log into your online account to easily check usage history, change personal or payment information, or report a damaged or lost card. It’s always a good idea to verify charges on a regular basis (note: information is stored for up to 60 days and cannot be accessed after that time).
- Check your balance. Card readers display your cash value balance when you tag. You can also check your balance online or through Clipper customer service.
Clipper cards cannot be shared – each passenger needs his or her card. Visit clippercard.com or call 877-878-8883 (711 or 800-735-2929 TTY/TDD) to get more information and to find a full list of retail, customer service center, ticket machine, and Add Value machine locations.