Golden Gate Ferry offers these reminders when paying the parking fee at the Larkspur Ferry Terminal:
- You may opt to auto-renew and/or auto-pay your monthly permit. With auto-renew, you’ll receive an email reminder on the 25th of the month to pay the next month’s permit (note: action required on your part). With auto-pay, you’ll automatically be billed on the 25th of the month for the next month’s permit. Note: auto-renew and auto-pay are separate features, and we recommend enabling both for ease and convenience, especially if you’re a regular rider and monthly permit holder.
- Always confirm that your monthly permit was issued. If you haven’t received an invoice via email as confirmation, your permit has not been issued.
- When we need to communicate with you regarding your monthly permit account, we will do so via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You must add this address to your list of safe senders so emails are not directed to your spam or junk folder. GGF will no longer dismiss a citation due to an email going to a customer’s junk folder.
- If you’ve enabled the auto-pay option for your monthly permit, your credit card information and billing address must be current. The system may deny the charge for your permit if this information is not up to date, and your permit will not be issued. When this happens, you will receive an email with the subject, “GOLDEN GATE FERRY PERMIT READY TO BE ISSUED,” with instructions to complete your purchase (note: action required on your part).
- You may purchase two monthly permits in advance (current month and next month). Be sure to select the appropriate month for which you want a permit. When purchasing a permit for the current month, please select the current month from the pull-down menu as the default is always the next month. Monthly permits run for the calendar month.
- You can register up to five vehicles per permit but only one vehicle per permit is valid per day. Two vehicles on your permit cannot be parked simultaneously in the lot. You will need to pay the daily parking fee for the additional vehicle.
- For useful tips on managing your monthly permit account, visit this ParkMobile Help Center page.
Daily Parking Fee
- Internet connectivity is sometimes unreliable at the terminal and onboard our vessels. If you are unsuccessful in your attempt to pay your parking fee, try later in the day to do so. Parking fees may be paid until 12:59 p.m.
- If you do not have a smartphone or cannot arrange to pay your daily fee using a computer, you may pay your parking fee with cash onboard the vessel at the concessionaire. Remember to have your license plate or stall number with you.
- For more information about how the daily parking fee works, visit this ParkMobile page.
- If you receive a parking ticket, you should contact DataTicket at www.citationprocessingcenter.
com or 1-800-989-2058.
- To contest a citation, you will need to provide proof of parking fee payment.
- If you are contesting a citation for unauthorized use of the lot as a non-ferry rider, you must provide proof of ferry ridership by providing your Clipper transaction history or the number on your ferry ticket.
Using Employer Parking Benefits
- If you use pre-tax parking benefits to pay for your monthly permit, we advise you to use a different funding source to pay your first monthly permit since some employers do not deposit the pre-tax benefits to your debit/credit card or issue vouchers before the 25th of the month. Doing so will help you avoid the risk of receiving a citation for not having an active permit.
- Any vehicle parked in the lot between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. is subject to the parking fee.
- All vehicles must park within one (1) designated spot or stall. Motorcycles must park in designated motorcycle stalls only.
- Parking is for ferry patrons only. If you receive a citation for unauthorized use of the parking lot as a non-ferry rider, you must provide proof of ferry travel to contest the citation (Clipper card transaction history or ferry ticket number).
- Parking fees apply to ALL spaces in the lot, including ADA, motorcycle, and carpool spaces.
- If your vehicle doesn’t have license plates, you can use the stall number in which you are parked OR the last 4 digits of your VIN number, preceded by “VIN,” in place of license plate number (for example, you would enter VIN1234). Note: if you choose to use the stall number, this information would need to be updated daily. After receiving your license plates, you must add license plate information to your daily parking and/or monthly permit accounts.
- Parking is limited to 24 hours.
- All parking spaces are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Monthly permit holders are not guaranteed a parking space.
Thank you for riding Golden Gate Ferry!