Golden Gate Bridge southern parking lots and visitor amenities will be closed this Saturday, August 26th, in order to support the primary goal of public safety for the upcoming First Amendment event at Crissy Field.
The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District strongly advises visitors to avoid the south end of the Bridge during the closures.
All parking lots on the south end of the Bridge will close at 9:00 p.m. on Friday evening, August 25th. Re-opening is anticipated to be around 8:00 p.m. Some points to note:
- UPDATED INFO: Golden Gate Transit will not serve the northbound and southbound Toll Plaza bus stops from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Customers are directed to stops at Richardson & Francisco in San Francisco, or Spencer Avenue bus pads and Alexander Avenue in Marin.
- No tour buses, public transit, or personal vehicles will be permitted to access the parking lots during this closure.
- The Bridge Café, the Round House, and the Welcome Center will also close for the day.
- Golden Gate Bridge sidewalks will be open to pedestrians and bicyclists, but the National Park Service will close all routes through Crissy Field.
- SFMTA will not run Muni public bus service to the Golden Gate Bridge on Saturday.
During the closure, California Highway Patrol and Golden Gate Bridge Patrol will work together to protect the Bridge and keep traffic moving along the Highway 101 corridor.
Traffic is expected to be extremely congested. In addition to the Golden Gate Bridge parking lot closures, the National Park Service is closing several streets leading up to the Bridge. You can learn more about their closures by visiting http://nps.gov/goga.
On the north end of the Bridge, restrictions are in place for the Vista Point parking lot from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Vista Point will be available to tour buses only during those hours.
Please note there is NO access to the First Amendment event from the Golden Gate Bridge by vehicle, walking, or bicycle. All roads to the event are closed from this location. The only access to the event is through the Marina Gate.
For general inquiries, please contact Golden Gate Bridge District Customer Service at 415-455-2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Media Inquiries Contact:
Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District
National Park Service
California Highway Patrol