Golden Gate Ferry (GGF) will be performing a major inspection of the Sausalito Ferry Landing beginning Monday, December 4, 2017. These inspections will require full-day and half-day shutdowns of all ferry operations to/from Sausalito as follows:
- Tuesday, December 5 – FULL-DAY SHUTDOWN
- Wednesday, December 6 – FULL-DAY SHUTDOWN
- Thursday, December 7 – HALF-DAY SHUTDOWN (first GGF departures: 12:55PM from SF, 1:55PM from Sausalito)
- Friday, December 8 – HALF-DAY SHUTDOWN (first GGF departures: 12:55PM from SF, 1:55PM from Sausalito)
- (TENTATIVE*) Monday, December 11 – HALF-DAY SHUTDOWN (first GGF departures: 12:55PM from SF, 1:55PM from Sausalito)
During these shutdowns, Golden Gate Ferry and Blue & Gold Fleet will NOT be operating service to and from the Sausalito Ferry Landing. Ferry customers’ transit alternatives to/from San Francisco during the shutdowns include Golden Gate Transit (GGT) buses (regular and added service), Golden Gate Larkspur and Tiburon Ferry, or Blue & Gold Fleet to/from Tiburon. See below for details.
Weekend ferry service on December 9 and 10 will NOT be impacted, and full ferry operations are expected to resume on Tuesday, December 12.
* Please note: If inspection work is completed early, the planned half-day shutdown of ferry operations on Monday, December 11 may not take place. Up-to-date information will be available at goldengate.org and on Golden Gate Ferry’s Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Alternate Transit Options – Bus & Ferry
- BUS: Ride Golden Gate Transit between Sausalito and San Francisco:
- GGT ROUTE 2 operates weekday peak periods between Sausalito and the SF Financial District (click for schedules) and serves all southbound bus stops in Sausalito, including Bridgeway opposite El Portal, and all northbound bus stops in SF, including Fremont St & Folsom St, Pine St & Battery St, Sansome St & California St, and Sansome St & Pacific Ave.
- GGT ROUTE 30 operates hourly between Sausalito and the SF Civic Center/Van Ness Ave corridor (click for schedules) and serves all southbound bus stops in Sausalito, including Bridgeway opposite El Portal, and all northbound bus stops in SF, including Main St & Folsom St and Mission St & First St.
- ADDED GGT SERVICE. On the days of full- and half-day closures, GGT will run added bus service between the Sausalito Ferry Landing and the SF Ferry Terminal. Buses will depart at the regularly-scheduled ferry departure times from temporary bus stops in Sausalito (on Humboldt Ave, behind Bank of America) and in San Francisco (on the Embarcadero at the south end of the Ferry Building – updated info).
- Golden Gate Ferry also offers frequent daily service from the Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry Terminal in central Marin and weekday commute service from the Tiburon Ferry Landing (click for schedules).
- Blue & Gold Fleet also operates ferry service from the Tiburon Ferry Landing to/from Pier 41 in San Francisco (click for schedules/fares).
Customer Service & Trip Planning Assistance
For trip planning assistance, please call 511 (say “Golden Gate Transit,” then “operator” to bypass recorded messages)/TDD 711. The Customer Service Center is open weekdays from 7AM to 6PM.