The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District is excited to introduce the 2016 Golden Gate Transit holiday bus — complete with snowflakes, colorful ribbons, twinkling stars, children’s toys, and a Golden Gate Bridge snow globe!
We’ve teamed up this year with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation and will host “stuff the bus” events throughout the upcoming holiday season to collect new, unwrapped toys and gifts for less fortunate children. All donated items will be given to local Toys for Tots programs. Event dates and locations include:
- Nov. 19, Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco
- Nov. 25, San Rafael Parade of Lights
- Nov. 26, Santa’s Arrival in Petaluma
- Dec. 3, Northgate Mall, San Rafael
- Dec. 4, Dickens Fair, Cow Palace, San Francisco
- Dec. 8 & 14, Larkspur Ferry Terminal
- Dec. 10, Sausalito Winterfest
- Dec. 15, Vintage Oaks, Novato
- Dec. 17, Charles M. Schulz Museum, Santa Rosa
The holiday bus will also be operated in service on Golden Gate Transit bus routes throughout our service area. Look for it in your neighborhood as it gets both riders and passersby in the holiday spirit! Please note: toys and gifts may be dropped off at “stuff the bus” events only and may not be donated while the bus is in service (bus drivers do not have a place to store toys).
Experience the Joy of Giving with Golden Gate! For more information about the toy collection events, including times and special offers at many events, please visit www.goldengate.org/howtogive or call 511 (say “Golden Gate Transit,” then “operator” to bypass recorded messages)/TDD 711.
For transit trip planning assistance, visit www.goldengate.org or call 511. The Golden Gate Customer Service Center is open weekdays from 7AM to 6PM.